• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need Help Identifying this Lier Chronometre "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can anyone help me identify where and when this pocket watch was made, and the relative quality of the movement? The .585 marking indicates 14K gold but that is about as far as I have gotten. As you can see this pocket watch has an early 1900's Art Deco design. It winds and runs perfectly and keeps excellent time. The serial number is 101122. The Watch weighs 55 grams. The movement is very clean and shows absolutely no wear or damage. The movement has a mark that looks like "Revue G.T". The gold dial also has a Deco design, and is marked "Chronometre Lier" The watch is 45mm wide and 9mm thick including the front crystal. I have attached photos. Please - any information about this watch would be very much appreciated. Thanks forum! You can find some large photos at this link:
Lier Chronometre Pocket Watch

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
John, all I can tell you is that the movement was made by Thommen. "Revue" was one of its trade names. The company was founded by Gedeon Thommen in 1859. He registered the trademark "GT" in an oval (as seen in the oval on your watch that also includes "Revue"). Pritchard has 7 pages on Thommen. If you want me to fax or pdf those pages to you, let me know at ethanlipsig@paulhastings.com, but they are not likely to be very helpful to you.

Pritchard has nothing on the name "Lier."

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005