• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

53mm, Swiss 18k gold Hunter, 4 complications ? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
An acquaintance asked if I could help with information for an acquaintance of his who owns this watch.
Description:
-53mm dia
-18k gold Hunter Case
-chronograph
-perpetual calendar
-moon phase
-thermometer
4 hammer repeater(4 different sounds)-minute repeater
watch box, E. Legrand, 30 Rue Montpensier, Paris
Gentlemen/Ladies from pictures attached, can you confirm info or suggest the quality of this Swiss timepiece
Regards
Rick..best I could do to size pictures.

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
box

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
dial

posted
movement

posted
cuvette

posted
gold stamp
On page 569 bottom, 2013 Price Guide the dial appears the same and movement next to it is similar. perhaps dating to circa 1900 or so.

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Rick high quailty watch and worth some serious money..More than likely it is a minute reperater and with the perpetual calendar ,,moon phase ,thermometer etc, it sure makes for a nice package does it also have a chrongraph looks like it does..

Looking at the picture of the dial you posted it shows 7>28 if it is a minute reperater when you push the larger slide on the side of the watch it should strike 7 times for the hours then the tone will change and strike twice for the 2 quater past 7 oclock and then another tone change and strike 3 time for the minutes past 7.30.

Beautiful watch Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 2030
posted
Rick
Cannot confirm provenance or anything other than it is an astonishing piece of work.
Thanks for sharing. How do you fit all that in 53mm?

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
posted
Samie, thanks for looking and yes it is a chronograph. I missed including that in the pedigree. And I am pretty sure it is a minute repeater. I have not seen the watch in person but would love to.

Rick

posted
As a matter of interest I was made aware that a dealer made an offer, substantial but was considered an ABP and politely declined. I think the watch owners are still looking to verify the manufacturer of the watch, understanding it may be difficult.

Rick