WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Just for fun, Private label, 18 size Swiss Hunter case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Private label - Lash & Co. King St, Toronto jeweller circa 1870-1880

Dial- Lash & Co, Toronto
Cuvette face - Lash & Co.,King St., Toronto
Movement - Lash & Co., Toronto

Serial number on movement N 62431, have no idea what the movement is.
Hunter Case serial# 63431, silver hallmark-shield with 3 chevrons inside shield and Argent at the bottom of shield - .800 silver, Neuchatel Switzerland 1852-1880, discontinued. Stamped inside of case front, inside cuvette and case back, also stamped on lip of case body left of stem.
Also stamped inside case front and inside case back is "FINE SILVER" inside an emblem which from previous IHC discussion indicates a higher silver content than .800 as indicated by the Neuchatel hallmark.
I have wound the watch a couple of times and runs fine.

Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
cuvette

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
movement 1

posted
movement 2

posted
fine silver

posted
watch

IHC Member 2030
posted
That is more than fun Smile
Truly amazing what was built by hand prior to electricity.

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
posted
Mike, the more I look at these little mechanical marvels the more amazed I am at the ingenuity and development of the machinery to machine and stamp out parts etc. for assembly in that time period.