WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  European Pocket Watch Forum    Help Identify Swiss Mvmt: "O.L.Rosenkrans & Thatcher Co. Milwaukee"
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help Identify Swiss Mvmt: "O.L.Rosenkrans & Thatcher Co. Milwaukee" "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Newly acquired 6s Hunter Private Label "O.L.Rosenkrans & Thatcher Co. Milwaukee"

Posts: 148 | Location: Germantown, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2015
posted
Dial ["O.L.Rosenkrans & Thatcher Co. Milwaukee"]

Posts: 148 | Location: Germantown, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2015
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Swiss for sure.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 2030
posted
Peter is correct
Swiss used similar plates
I cannot identify your piece, but it looks nice
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
posted
Well, it sure looks like a Longines mvmt. Should I move my query to the European watch threads here? It would be nice to know the model/grade, jewel count and year of manufacture.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Swiss for sure.

Topic moved to European and linked back to Pocket Watches.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1555
posted
Your first thoughts are correct Michael, it is a Longines, outside case diameter may match a 6 Size American but you will find that the movement is a 13.56 Lignes size, which I think is around a 3 size in the old Lancashire scale.

Should be around the 1872-1875 era.

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
quote:
O.L.Rosenkrans & Thatcher Co. Milwaukee

Just a little history on the Jeweller,

Originally arrived in Milwaukee in 1869 and entered the Watch & jewellery trade sometime after that. Was a substantial business men of the city, doing business under the firm name of "O.L. Rosenkrans and Thatcher Company, " selling fine diamonds, watches and jewellery”, 129 Wisconsin Street.

posted
Hi Bila
Not to hijack this thread but have you any info on a jeweler in Montreal Quebec by the name of D.Allaire??

Posts: 115 | Location: Kemptville, Ontario in Canada | Registered: August 16, 2010
posted
Could you post a picture of that dial , the only way it came up for me is a family name Dallaire

http://www.dallaire.ca/genealo...ilippe_dallaire.html

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1555
posted
A picture of the dial as Kevin suggested and also the movement so as to get an idea of the era the watch was made and other identification marks such as a serial number if it has one.

posted
Sorry guys...I'm on the road and don't have the watch with me
When I get back I'll get some pics out
Much appreciate your efforts Kevin..Thanks

Posts: 115 | Location: Kemptville, Ontario in Canada | Registered: August 16, 2010
posted
Movement is a Longines. That unique esc whl and 4th whl bridge is the fingerprint.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004