WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help please - identify Swiss? movement marked: "Exactus" "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
16 size PW
CDN 24 hour DTZ dial marked "Exactus"
Movement is marked- 21 jewel,Exactus, adjusted to 5 positions
stem wind & stem set
Serial #31855
Fortune GF case
I have made attempts with key words on ebay and Google, Exactus wrist watches come up, no PW references, Is this a Swiss watch or a spiffy fake kind of something. Thanks for any help

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
watch

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
bezel off

posted
movement

posted
movement #2

posted
case

posted
case back

IHC Member 1736
posted
Rick,

That is one heck of a nice watch. I page checked the Price Guide from pg469-562... the closest fit/finish/plate layout and regulator style I could find is an Omega.

This watch is far to nice to be a "swiss fake" in the sense we are familiar with that term.

This watch appears to be a very nicely jeweled and adjusted Swiss RR.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That is a double signed RR Grade Cal.19 Omega with Dual Time Zone Hands and all Canadian RR authorized with authentic case, dial and movement. It should be insured for at least $500.00. A very fine collectible.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Paul and David.
Gentlemen, I can't tell you how pleased I am, not only for the watch identification but primarily for the time taken in order to help another member of IHC. I did look through the price guide at the Swiss section and saw some similarities but I am not nearly experienced enough to draw any conclusions. Therefore it goes to the "go to guys" Thank you so much.

Regards
Rick

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I have questions on this watch...

To begin, its a nice looking watch.

I am however having problems associating it with Omega watches of any style.

Omega's serial number system started in 1895 with 1,000,000 and went up to 56,000,000 thru 1998. The serial number on this watch is #31855 ??

On the caliber 19 that Omega made, or for that matter any Omega watch I am having great trouble matching it to any Omega plate style that I am aware of. On Omega 3/4 plate movements, the train bridge seems to always have a "double hump" cut-out on the barrel side of the movements, but not on this one...

Omega also had a certain angle they always used on the jewel setting screws, this watch is just the opposite on the jewel setting screws.

I just do not see an "Omega" in this watch, IMHO.

The only other men's "Exactus" pocket watch I know about, went thru Lunds "The Timepiece Auction" June 29, 2004 and was lot #733 and sold for $45. I could find only one picture for that watch and that was a dial side picture I will post.

regards,
bb

Lunds "Exactus" Auction Sale June 29, 2004;

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
All the Omegas I've seen have this plate style.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's my Omega Valdez for comparison too.

[Movement number: 2387019]

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Buster and David, thank you for your time, assessment and Omega illustrations.

My $80 Exactus appears to be a bit of a conundrum. Will keep trying to identify the watch.
Would a patent number help? The fellow that did a COA on it said there was a patent number on the back of the dial but did not write it down

Regards
Rick

IHC Member 1736
posted
Thank you Buster,

I appreciate your experience.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012