Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

High Dome Crystal "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
This watch just came in from one of our members to have a new glass crystal made. The existing crystal appears to be a GS PKH acrylic crystal with a hole drilled in the middle!

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
First I'll select an over sized convex blank. 55mm will need to be reduced to 42.75mm. The inside center clearance will be reduced from 7.2mm to about 5mm which should be fine.

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
A perfect fit and looks as original.

IHC Life Member
posted
Oh wait! I forgot to put a hole in the middle!

William

IHC Member 1954
posted
looks a lot better now.only one drawback.now you have to open the front to set the time.lol...

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014
IHC Life Member
posted
Victor,

That's why GS crystals are more popular than mine ....they're drillable!

William

IHC Life Member
posted
A beautiful job.

Roger

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Member 2030
posted
Convenient hole for setting time also a passage for your ant collection. Smile

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015