Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

some old verge fusee watches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1954
posted
I repair and collect old verge fuse pocket watches.i love to work on them but they are way different than working on the American watches.you cant find another movement of the same model to take parts off of.everyone of these old verges is a 1 of.i have never seen 2 that were exactly the same .each one is hand made.i have about 25 complete watches I have nursed back to life and have about 20 more movements I am working on.love it...here is a couple pictures of my oldest one and also a 1700s quad cased one.the oldest is the French Romilly dated about 1750.it is rare because it is the only one I have seen by this maker with a 1 foot very wide balance cock and it doesn't have a serial number.i think it to be one of his first around 1750.all the other French verge movements have the 2 footed balance cocks.any other info you may have is appreciated.

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014
IHC Member 1954
posted
romilly movement

IHC Member 1954
posted
quad case 1700s French verge

IHC Member 1954
posted
4 cases

IHC Member 1954
posted
quad cases movement

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice work Victor!

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Very nice victor
I love the Romilly movement
What are the two scrolled arms either side of the balance for?
To hold the hairspring adjustment?

Ken

Posts: 43 | Location: Kirkcaldy, Fife in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 26, 2014
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The indelible sign of a courageous watch maker is SUCCESSFULLY restoring Verge Fusee movements! This is how the "Verge" escapement works. A little "Touchy" in more ways than one!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1954
posted
the 2 arms are what hold the regulator in its channel.pretty neat stuff.

Life Member
posted
Here is one I tackled a few years back - O picked it up for $10.00 at a gun show. The chain was tormn out of the barrel, so I cut the groove a little further back, and drilled a new hole and pinned the chain. The dial is opretty beat up, but the price was right. Smile

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
Life Member
posted
Here is the movement:

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
Life Member
posted
Meant to post a photo of the chain repair. Here is one of several photos I took.

posted
was wondering what this is worth,its in running condition and comes with a extra movement for parts. im not sure of maker.

[See this need help to identify this survivor post for more details]

Posts: 32 | Location: Washington State in the USA | Registered: April 30, 2014