• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18s Ball 21j 1902 newly aquired "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Gents, I went visiting my old man friend again and came away with this 1902 "The Ball Watch Co" 21j 18s ORRS with sunray damaskeening SN 208526. The balance is absolutely true in the flat and round and has fantastice motion. Even better it keeps railroad time with ease. The movement is really nice with little or no jewelers slips and while the case is not original it is a period correct gold filled Philadelphia Watch Case with an over the top pattern back, no brassing, firm bow, near mint and in 1902 Ball watches did not yet come in ball cases so it matches nicely. The hands are a sweet plumb color and the dial is nice aside from two short hairlines above and below the seconds dial. Sorry about the glare in the photo's with the front crystal on, I need to take some photography lessons from our pres Lindell. While I never walk away with a great deal dollar wise, I don't mind paying the mans asking price when I find a watch I know will not come around again anytime soon especially one that runs like the day it was made, sorta the one in the hand beats two in the bush theory. Anyways, enjoy the pic.s

Posts: 311 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011
posted
dial without crystal

posted
dial again

posted
one more dial shot

posted
case rear cover, sweet