• TWO Book Offer! •

Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
First Ball ORRS "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I've got my new camera with Macro now, and Pics will get better as I improve with practice.

#8774 is the first verified Ball Marked ORRS movement to have surfaced. #8711 has been reported but no one seems to know how to contact the original reporter or even who he reported it to. Statisticaly there should have been about 20-30 Of these produced along with the 70-80 jewelers private labels in this first run of 100 ORRS watches. So its just a matter of time before we verify an earlier serial number than 8774. Until then, I will claim the bragging rights to having the first one.

Please let me know if you see . any other Ball & CO marked watches not on my list found on another page at this link

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
posted
Just had a verified report of #8711, so my bragging rights are certainly negated now.

Still only 3 ORRS reported in this run of 100 938's.

happy hunting

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
posted
Incorrect Ball Watch Co dial but nice hands

posted
And finally, the ORC case which is most certainly a replacement. I recall a Brotherhood subscription offer that would replace your case for selling x number of subscriptions around 1899jish.

pics courtesy of Mike Deshaies

happy hunting

posted
cool watch Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 311 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011
posted
Joseph

Spoke to the owner of the above 938 (Mike Deshaies) today and he bought it for resale at the Datona show, so we will probably see it on Ebay in the near future.

happy hunting

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Good Luck adding it to your collection Bill when it come up!

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Thanks Tom,

It could happen but only if it goes surprisingly cheap. I am happy to already have one of the 3 known survivors, #8774. It would be fun to have the earliest known ORRS as a bragging feature tho!

happy hunting

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Nice Ball 938, I really like the ORC case. I have Serial No. 8718 a Ball agent F.F. Bonnett Columbus, Ohio.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Larry,

your F.F. Bonnett is truly gorgeous and can be seen as the bottom entries in Lindell's thread

happy hunting