Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Hamilton 16 size with plum hands? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1511
posted
What time frame did Ball Hamilton use plum colored hands on 16 size 999 or when were they used? Thanks

Posts: 159 | Location: Rainelle, West Virginia in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2010
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
I don't recall ever seeing where Ball/Hamilton watches were sold with Plum Hands. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. . . .I just haven't seen it. What year was your watch made? That might be a start to finding more information about it. I have seen plum hands on Ball watches made by Waltham and others also. As to their originality, I don't have a clue. Someone should show up and be able to shed some more light here.

Posts: 181 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2008
IHC Member 1511
posted
Larry has one on the big auction site that is from Mr. Megger's collection and I have seen one or two on this site that is stated as original

Posts: 159 | Location: Rainelle, West Virginia in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2010
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Hi again, Gary:
Today, I became the owner of a very early Ball 999, which was manufactured in 1910. All indications are that this is an original watch. It has the proper shape hands and they are the very pretty "Plum Purple." So, I stand corrected and I am just as interested as you in the story of the Ball/Hamilton Purple hands. Anybody able to add to the question Gary asked?

Posts: 181 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2008