Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My "First" Solid Gold Watch. . . "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Today, I became the owner of an extremely Fine Ball 999. It is housed in a Beautiful Ball Model 14 Karat SOLID GOLD case. It is a 16s. watch. Manufactured in 1910, it's serial number is B600231, is 21 Jewel, OF. Here are a few pictures of it:

Posts: 181 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2008
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Here's the inside of the back of the case,

Posts: 181 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2008
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Dust Cover Markings. . .

Picture of Paul Adams
posted
This is the movement. . . .

Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Here's the Back of the Case. . . .

Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Will Post some better pictures in a few days. Will be giving it a COA as you can see, it is dirty but running fine. I must say, I am really quite excited about having this one. Can't decide if this one or the 998 is the "Center" of my Collection. After the COA I will decide.

IHC Member 1947
Picture of Serge Barlas
posted
Paul,

She is a beauty! Love the hinged Ball case; well done.

Kindest regards,

Serge

Posts: 276 | Location: Grand Ledge, Michigan in the USA | Registered: April 16, 2014
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Very nice!

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
No one has yet commented that the case on your watch was made by Jeannot & Shiebler, one of the very best U.S. casemakers. I don't collect watches because they are in J&S cases, but I definitely prefer watches that are in J&S cases to watches in most other kinds of cases. I currently have eight pocket watches in solid gold J&S cases; I don't think J&S ever made anything but solid 14k and 18k cases. All of these are high-grade Swiss watches. Two are Patek Philippes; five of the other six are C.H. Meylans.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Thanks, Everybody!

Ethan, I appreciate your info on the case. That was one of the factors considered when I got this one. Another point is that this watch is only the 231st Hamilton/Ball 16s. watch made in early 1910. I think its a privilege to be its new keeper.

Also, after a Search for "Jeannot & Shiebler" on the site here, I am astounded at the Gorgeous examples you have in your Post about these cases! Obviously, these can be described as "PEERLESS!" Thanks for showing them.