• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Case? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought this watch from my watch repairman some years ago. The SN is B650029.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
I was happy to get a Ball railroad watch, but was never too happy with the case, which had been plated a putrid brassy yellow color because the gold had work off.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
This does not do justice to just how artificial this thing looks. I mean, it is YELLOW.

posted
The more I look at it, the more I wonder if the case is even original to the watch. But before I go ahead and recase this thing, I would like some other opinions as to whether or not this case is original. Can someone tell me?

Steve G.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Steve

I am by far not a Ball expert, hopefully some of them will chime in, but I believe your watch is a Ball/Hamilton made about 1940-42 & should have come in a marked Ball case. I am not too sure what style of case but unfortunately your case is not stamped Ball Model.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
That's just what I wanted to know.

Thanks, Tom