• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ORRS dial for 13001-13400 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I know this can be kind of a touchy subject as we all like to believe that our dials are original and that any anomolies were done as jeweler options or some such esoteric explanation.

I am of the opinion that Ball & Co sold watches with dials that were consistent with the movement and that due to collector desire for "mint" or a replacement necessary due to damage has given rise to a lot of confusion to which are the correct dials.

Having said that, It is my opinion thru observation and comparrison that the correct Ball & Co ORRS dial for the Hamilton 13001-13400 run Will have the wavy 3, Ball's Standard Dial Pat app for and unique to this run, the word Cleveland under the Trade mark Official RR Standard logo will have a leftward leaning tail on the letter a.

To my knowledge, only 10 Ball & Co ORRS have surfaced or been recorded to date in the 13k run. Many have obvious incorrect dials, either marked Ball Watch Co or having the flat 3.

Another observation is that of the 100 in the 8700 run, 400 in the 13k run,1000 in the 14k run,1000 in the 28k run and 1000 in the 42k run, a total of 3500 produced watches, approximately 125 watches have surfaced. Only 40 of these are reported to be Ball & Co, ORRS. By a factor of over 2 to 1 it is more common for these watches to be private label or Brotherhood watches.

I have compiled a truncated version of Ball & Co watches at
Ball & CO

Happy hunting,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Bill,
You can add serial no. 13,213. to your list. Smile
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Tony,
Thank you, Please confirm that it is ORRS Ball & CO and not a PL or brotherhood.

Correct dial?

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Bill,
It is exactly like your no. 13,312. Correct hands, dial, and a beauty of a movement.
Tony

Tony Dukes

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Hi again guys and gals,

My new camera is good enough to show this detail on the a in cleveland.

happy hunting

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
All,
Look at those A's.
Tony

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Bill,
After searching and finding my Ball-Hamilton with serial number 13,213 I can report to you that the dial on my watch has the fancy a in the word Cleveland.
Tony Smile

posted
Tony,

Treasure it! That is the only run that has these and there are very few known!

Bill