• TWO Book Offer! •

Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Early Ball Watches and dials "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have posted a lot of these before, but I put a bunch of them on one page so that you can see dials and movements that are correct for different makes and runs.

No brotherhoods, I have concentrated on Hampden and early ORRS Ball and Co Hamiltons.

Early Ball 18sz Observations

Happy hunting,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Great information Bill. Thanks for sharing with us///// Smile
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Tony,

My pleasure. I have learned a lot from this board and am glad to give a little back.

The organization of the research section makes it a pleasure to browse. I have a pretty good library and all the bulletins, but the interaction and sharing amongst the collectors adds another fun dimension to the hobby.

happy hunting,

Bill

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
posted
Maybe this should be a seperate thread but I think it ties in with this one ok.
I have tried to compile info on Ball and Co ORRS dials on one page at: http://williamkapp.tripod.com/id51.htm

I am not 100 percent sure of the info regarding the 90k and 170K runs. Any clarification, corrections or discussion would be greatly appreciated.

Not all the pics are of the best quality, Pics of your dials would also be appreciated. There is a thread here on single Roller watches that has better pics of the 170K dials.

Thanks and

happy hunting,

Bill Kapp

posted
In a June 2010 article I wrote: " Dials with the wavy top 3 would not be expected to be seen past the run of watches bearing serial numbers 28001-29000" Looking at my data base, the latest wavy top 3 ORRS dial I have recorded is 28589, the earliest flat top 3 ORRS dial I have recorded is 28632. The 21J run 28601-28625 have two reports of BLE dials and they are flat top dials. From this I would infer that the transition of dials occurred at serial # 28601.

Not of interest to many, but kind of fun to pin this down. Any observations that would confirm or refute would be appreciated.

happy hunting