• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Waltham sz 12 spares situation "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can someone tell me which regular Waltham model (if any)shares its spares base with my Ball?
Shugart (2006 pg 142) shows model 1894 with similar plates but not screwed in jewels.
Any suggestions who might have spares?
My repairer (in the uk) will pull the movement apart this coming week and we will know the full extent of the spares requirement then.

Many thanks,

Seasons greetings to all on 185.

Peter
uk

Posts: 110 | Location: Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK | Registered: June 03, 2006
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Hi
Could you post a picture of the dial?

Also see post "Ball Serial Number". Interesting
this does not fit into the range of listed 12 size Ball-Waltham.

Thanks

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Peter,

I'm not able to answer your parts question but perhaps someone else may know or might even have a parts movement available.

Be sure to look at the previous topic "Ball Serial Numbers" that Keith referred to where we got into research on the 12-size Ball-Illinois and 12-size Ball-Walthams. There were only a total of 2,000 numbers blocked for these watches so they are not very common.

A few minutes ago I updated the Ball-Waltham numbers there. Keith's is from the first run and yours from the second. We show an image in the other topic showing the 12-size and 16-size Ball Walthams side-by-side for comparison purposes.

It will be interesting to see your dial as Keith suggested.

Be sure to let us know what parts you need.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Herewith dial scan.
This watch was sold to me as a 185 sale 16oct.

Thanks for yuor help

peter

posted
Sorry Grant I should have acknowledged you as the source of the scan

peter