Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

STOLEN WALTHAM DuPONT GRADE 72 AM GRADE "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
STOLEN WALTHAM DuPONT GRADE 72 AM GRADE

MOVEMENT NUMBER 1805786

Stolen from my locked vehicle August 2009. Please contact Saanich Municipal Police, British Columbia telephone 250-475-4321 - report 09-23956

Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted

Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Desmond,

I am a firm believer in Karma.. The wretch that stole your time piece will get his.

Bruce Byrd

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Desmond, I am headed to the Florida Regional next month. Will keep an eye out. It should be easy to recognize with that incription.

Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
Good news! The DuPont Waltham has been recovered and is safely ensconced in my safety deposit box.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Boy you are luck Desmond, now if you watch lost in the mail shows up you would be batting a 1000.

Did they get the crook locked up?

Tom

Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
No, unfortunately, he is not enjoying room & board at the risk of my tax dollar. I am not about to complain...

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Congrats on the recovery Desmond. A few months ago friend of mine in the local NAWCC chapter was helping a man with insurance valuations for the 50 or so pocket watches he had stolen from his business in Vancouver. The crooks are active in this area, and we need to be ever vigilant.

On the cover of the "24" free newspaper that I read on the bus in Vancouver was the title "Pocket Watch" which was a clever byline to the message from the RCMP that gangs of pickpockets will be working the overcrowded public transportation system during the Olympics.

I'm thinking of investing in a 22 cu ft safe when I move into my new house in Feb. Costco.ca has them on sale this month for $1150. The new house also has a ADT alarm system. I want to make it very difficult for anyone who thinks they can take my hard earned collection.

John III

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I have worked around these kinds of people before.
They only understand an equal or more severe reaction.

Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
I have an acquaintance who lost a safe - the entire safe with contents - to vandals with a tow truck. They ran a cable in a window, wrapped a cable around the safe and winched it out through the wall. I imagine they could then simply take their own sweet time grinding [?] their time into it. It makes you think about siting of your safe...

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Unfortunately most of the safe jobs I have worked the thief seldom gets into the safe but in their process of trying they do a lot of damage to the contents.

I have seen them spend the weekend in a business hammering, chiseling, cutting & grinding & then finally giving up.

I have seen them haul the safe out & take it into the hills & then do everything you can think of to try to open it. A few times they do get it open but more than not they leave it sit.

Then when we get it back we have to some how get into it to recover what was in it.

I think a safe will stop your neighborhood crook that is just looking for what they can grab & run with, but someone that knows what you have & wants it will try to break into the safe.

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Desmond - That is wonderful to hear that your watch has been recovered! You are very fortunate. Many stolen valuables are never found.

We have a large, very heavy safe in our garage (the garage has now been converted into my offices). It is bolted into the concrete, so it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. For anyone thinking of putting a safe in their home, I would suggest building a closet-type area to hide it and bolting it to the floor as we did. The likelihood of someone being able to tow it away is much less that way.