• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Missed out on Ball Hamilton 999C B of RT "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am sick! Online auction for a lot of pocket watches. Upon further examination I noticed the middle watch on the far right looked familiar. I sent an email to the auction co and they responded with HD pictures of a 1898 Ball Hamilton 999 with B of RT markings.
(Movement number 28412)
I waited a month for this auction and when bidding started I opened at $500.00 and up it went until it hit 1800 bid to me. I hesitated and lost it before I could click bid again. Needless to say I am S I C K
According to the BOOK there are less than 1000 of these worldwide. Did I say I was SICK!
My wife asked me if I was ok and I told her to shoot me now that I froze on the trigger. She just laughed at me and said. You will get another one soon. I love my wifes positive attitude, but less than 1000 left..... I highly doubt it. When I get on the computer that has the HD images I will update this. The dial was not too clean, but that could have been the crystal and the movement looked pretty good. Sorry all just needed to vent.

Posts: 54 | Location: Rolesville, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2017
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Too bad you missed it, but that just means you have an extra 1800 to spend on the next auction.

If you look HERE in a thread by the late Bill Kapp, about 1/2 way down you will see the
28413 and a few others have been documented.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
Patience , another one will come along , maybe , I wonder how many are right here on IHC ? I did a search on this site:

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...eqWords=ball+b+of+rt

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015