• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 993 dial vs 992 dial question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Will the dial from a 992 o/f fit on a 993 h/c movement so that the numbers show correctly?
Jack Williams

Posts: 16 | Location: Antioch, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: January 08, 2017
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Absolutely , they interchange and will be positioned correctly.

They DO have to be either both 3 footed or both 4 footed to interchange !
regards
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Thank you so much, Buster - I thought the dial feet might be different - Thanks again!

Posts: 16 | Location: Antioch, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: January 08, 2017
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
To my knowledge any 4 footed Hamilton dial will fit any 4 footed Hamilton movement either open face or hunting. Same is true with the Hamilton 3 footed version.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Buster and Harry are entirely correct. Hamilton dials are the same for both Hunter and Open-Face Configurations. Be careful with the four-footed because they are very hard to find individually.

South-Bend also interchange but Illinois are completely different dials on the Hunter-Cased watches, that is true on most Walthams as well with the exception of the 1892 Model which if I recall correctly do interchange.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002