• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My first Hamilton 950...please tell me what you think. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Wow Collin you have back up for your back up!!!!! Big Grin

Thanks Kevin!!! Yep $105 would be great wouldn't it?????

Rob
www.pocketwatchrepairs.net

Posts: 580 | Location: Kingsport, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 26, 2002
IHC Member 1357
posted
Back before I started collecting pocket watches, I was collecting wrist watches. I always wore a watch(Still do) to work but when I got in a purchase I would also wear it.Thus 2 watches. One day in the break room my manager asked me why 2 watches? I replied "Well let me tell you and pointing to my left wrist I said this watch is fast and I use it to start my breaks,then pointing to the right wrist,I said this one is slow and I stop my breaks with it." She never asked me again but I did explain that I was only checking the timing on one of them.
I never knew the correct time!

Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
Life Member
posted
^^^

Laughing out loud!

Good stuff, Roger!

Big Grin

Posts: 47 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio in the USA | Registered: August 05, 2017
Life Member
posted
quote:
Wow Collin you have back up for your back up!!!!!

Rob...absolutely! Big Grin

It's almost as good as having back up for your back up for your back up!!!! Big Grin

Life Member
posted
Ka-boom! Big Grin

posted
Is this where the saying of "too much time on your hands " came from ?

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1357
posted
Collin you've blown it. Never again can you say
"I didn't have the time" Big Grin

Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
Excellent find. I think the Hamilton 950 was on of the most beautiful watches made in the USA. I found an early (c1908) 950 a few years ago in a Duluth antique shop, for a song. One of my mentors in the 1970s, who was a Soo Line watch inspector, commented that 23 jewel watches (except Waltham) weren't encountered that often as 23 jewels were more than what was required. By 1977 the main requirement for a pocket watch was a white hairspring and a 24 hour dial.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004