South Bend
Serial# 1190368
16 size,open face, model 2,21 jewel adjusted 5 positions
Double Roller

South Bend double sink porcelin/enamel Montgomery dial
and cannot see any flaws.

NAWCO-SECUTITY case, Gold Filled Railrod Model Patented
Serial# 7271818

If some pics are a little out of focus I'm down to one eye and a little glaucoma in the good one

Regards
Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
bezel off

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
case back

posted
case back inside

posted
cuvette

posted
movement

posted
mvmt 2

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Good looking watch Rick !

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Thanks Buster, it looks much better in hand than the photos show.

I forgot to mention in the post the shop owner in Nanaimo remembered I said 'if you get a nice South Bend in give me a call'. When I dropped in a couple of weeks ago he said I have a South Bend for you. He could not find my phone number so he had kept the watch in his desk drawer for 7 months.. now that's a courtesy extended.

Regards
Rick

posted
The 227 is a great movement, and I enjoy the pattern and quality.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 1110
posted
Nice 227 Rick! I love those NAWCO cases,whoever cased that one did a nice neat job cutting the lever slot right at 8 minutes.227's are one of America's best RR watches.That was nice of that guy to hold it that long for you, that's pretty near unheard of in this day and age.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1622
posted
Rick,
Nice looking South Bend! Mine runs great, it has an old metal style dial with a lot of character!!!

Posts: 177 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: October 16, 2011
IHC Member 1622
posted
Dial.

Posts: 177 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: October 16, 2011
posted
Ted, I'm quite happy with the watch and I thanked the fellow at the shop
more than a few times. It has been running great.

Joey, I have a couple of watches with character, they have a work history to me and
run fine, so they will stay as a carry watch and enjoy them.

Thanks fellows
Regards
Rick