• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball-Waltham question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just bought a Ball Waltham, ser. no. B22355, from our favorite website. It has the railroad seal on the movement, but the dial is marked Ball Watch Co. Cleveland. Correct dial, or should it have the railroad dial?

Posts: 42 | Location: Columbiana, Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2018
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Rick,
Mine is #B241305 and reads "Official RR Standard"
Ball Watch Co.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
Edward, I think this one should be like yours. I can only find the Ball Cleveland dial on the Commercial Standards. I'll have to upgrade if I can find a dial I can afford. I spent my month's watch allowance buying the watch! It's supposed to be delivered Saturday & I can't wait to get it in my grubby little paws!

Posts: 42 | Location: Columbiana, Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2018
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Is your posted serial number correct, sounds like its missing a digit ? A correct ORRS dial will set you back another $100-$125, is this the route you want to go or had you rather buy a correct watch to begin with ?? Will that put it over its value ? In todays market its very important to not overpay for your watches as you'll not be able to recoup your investment and will only lose money.
regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Buster, you are right! The number is #B220355. I missed a zero due to lack of coffee at the time of posting!
As for recouping my investment? On my retirement income I have to buy cheap, then add a dial later. My kids can worry about the profit when they sell my collection after I'm gone!

IHC Member 1357
posted
Rick, send me your address to rjandladyj@yahoo.com
and I will send you the one I have. Certainly not
the best but it is correct for it.

Roger

Posts: 4088 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
Roger, thank you so much! I got the watch this morning. Nice Dueber case, yellowed plastic crystals, badly rusted hands & a broken balance. Guess what Paul Davis is gonna get in the mail? The Ball Watch co. dial may not be the correct one but judging by the rust on the hands it's been on there a LONG time. Buster, you're correct when you say I'll have more in this watch than it's worth. But at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I saved one!