Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New photos,16 size Hamilton dial-genuine? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Bila, all I'm able to add is the glass enameling has a blue tinge through about 3/4 of the dial and the enameling has a pretty consistent depth through out the dial. My cell phone camera could not pick up the blue tinge. The dial has 3 posts. Hope this helps.

Mike, at least you have an opinion...I don't, I just found out what a conversion dial is. Smile

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
IHC Member 2030
posted
So to keep it going, the plate photo has no third gear wheel seconds wheel? To drive the seconds bit?
Learning,Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I can't give a definitive answer as to whether this dial is an original Hamilton product or an aftermarket offering even after looking at the backside of the dial.

Shorty LaRose closed his business in the fall of 2006 and he was perhaps best known for his Swiss copies/reproductions of American watch co dials. This dial does not appear to be one of his offerings as it doesn't have the hallmarks of their work.

I'm not happy with the "6" that others have alluded to as it is definitely not a cloned 9/6 turned one way or the other. Nor am I too happy with the overhang of the numeral "2" on it's top side. It just doesn't seem to quite match Hamilton's factory offerings.

I like to get to the bottom of things so we will know. I have an opinion, but that's not good enough !

We will wait for a better answer that may or may not appear for your dial as to its authenticity.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Hmmmm, I was sure there would be a big ol' swiss stamped on the back , regardless it is a nice dial , so is garys . I would take it for what it is - not marked swiss ! My only "conversion"dial is an elgin 17 size , it may not be a conversion , just missing the seconds bit

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
posted
Gentlemen, thank you for all for the interest demonstrated in this dial. The comments, history, speculation and education of it's creation is appreciated.
For now I will call it a conversion dial with unknown origin and be very happy with that.

Regards
Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014