WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New York Watch Co. of Springfield before and after photos "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
New York Watch Co. of Springfield before and after photos

I got this in yesterday after buying a movement only with dial and hands, no case. It was described as running for a few seconds needs cleaning. Well you guessed it, it would not run one second. I don't know how the seller got it to look this good in the before picture because when I got it the movement looked terrible. A lot worse than the picture. I cleaned it up and it is running and it is keeping real good time. I have not cleaned on old key wind up before and was pleased with the outcome. I collect Hampden's and since this is a predecessor to Hampden I thought I would add this to my Hampden collection.

Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Before

IHC Member 1610
posted
After

posted
Cleaned up really nice Harry!!!

Rob

Posts: 580 | Location: Kingsport, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 26, 2002
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you Rob!

posted
Nice one , Just out of curiosity -how is the quality on that , compared to hampdens ?

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1610
posted
Hard to say. I think it is about the same as the early keywind Hampden's. The key wind mechanism is very similar. The barrel plate is different and the cock seems to be longer and it beats at 14400. It being a keywind it is very simple in design with 11 jewels.

Harry