Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Packard Presentation Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Packard gave their employees a 14K gold watch after 10 years of service. This one is the first that I have seen with the original outer box that it was shipped in. Historically it shows that Hamilton, not Packard engraved the presentation on the back of the watch since the box has the persons name on it.
The serial numbers on the movement and case match the box. The dial carries the famous motto "Ask The Man Who Owns One".

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Pic 2

IHC Life Member
posted
Pic 3

IHC Life Member
posted
Pic 4

IHC Life Member
posted
Pic 5

IHC Member 1338
posted
That's a beauty, Roger! Nice presentation

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
that is so nice , I have never seen the box either. Packard did have good taste.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks for sharing this very nice item!

Smile

Posts: 5224 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Packards were prestige automobiles, a high quality, beautifully finished product. The phrase of "Ask the man who owns one" speaks volumes about their dedication to customer satisfaction. Having been in the old car hobby since my uncle first took me to a car show when I was but 5 years old, I remember Packards with the greatest respect. I have never heard anything but praise from Packard owners and nothing but envy from everyone else.

You have something very special there Roger!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Thank you all. I should mention that I also have a 1950 Packard Presentation Watch to go along with my 1950 Packard. Smile

IHC Member 1357
posted
What a great combination!! Eek

Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
A very similar Packard came to mind eveytime I see those watches , I was impressed by their quality

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015