Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Buren Clock (Watch) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all,
Can someone tell me what tis 8 day clock(watch) is. I was under the impression it was a car clock, but now am wondering if it is a travel clock without the case ? or now I am seeing some military clocks similar to this ?
What is it.
Thanks,
Bill
It is a Buren 6j 2 adj timepiece

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
this is the dial

posted
we will try that again,
Bill

IHC Life Member
posted
Bill...I just was searching for Buren since I am repairing one for a friend. Yours is the same movement I am working on. The one I have is definitely a car clock. Yours looks like it could be either a car clock or travel clock without its case. It depends how it would be mounted.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
Roger, Do you know what size this would be, mine is about 2 1/8" across the movement and about
2 1/4" across the dial ?
I always thought it was likely a car clock, thanks for confirming that for me.
Bill

IHC Life Member
posted
Sorry Bill, I think you mean 18S, 20S, etc.? No, I don't know, but it is Swiss and could be something different, as in lignes. The movement is exactly the same as your photo, but it winds and sets a bit different. It has a rotating outer bezel to wind and a sliding part in the case that shifts it to setting. It is all back together and running amazingly well. I just set the regulator to the center and it is keeping time to within seconds a day (extrapolated). I'm going to let it run and see how many days it will actually go and how accurate it stays.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
Hi Roger,
The one your working on must be a little different than this one, mine sets and winds with the stem as normal. You're right tho being swiss likely is in Lignes. But I would think that it is probably about what might be a 25 - 30 size if there is such a beast.
I will put a pic of it beside a 18s I have.
Bill

posted
another. The comparison is to one of the largest Elgin 18s cased watches I have. The Buren is so much larger.