• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden grade 57 or 58 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked this up lately a Hampden grade 57 or 58 which means it might be a 11 or 15 jewel but I have not pulled the dial yet to check.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
back

posted
movement a bit fuzzy though

Picture of Quinton Bradford
posted
It's a beauty!

Quinton Bradford
Clean Time Jewels

Posts: 9 | Location: Greensboro, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 20, 2017
posted
I collect Hampdens and know a little about them but some grade 57s appear to have "15" marked on them, usually above "Hampden" where mine is marked 15 over by the balance cock. The serial number which is blurry is 272205, the Hampden excel sheet puts it as a grade 58 the other database software puts it as a grade 57. I have a few Hampdens but this is only my second Springfield Mass Hampden and the serial number puts it in the 1883 timeframe. During that time even a 11 jewel watch would have been quite expensive.

Maybe some of the Hampden collectors and comment on what the "15" stamping means if not the jewel count.