• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden model 4 marked 105 adj 5 positions hunter "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am beginning to think lady luck is on my side, now if I just hit the big mega lotto. I was searching for a 21j parts movement for my 23j 104 project and ran into a very nicely priced hunter that I made a counter offer of 160 and they accepted. From the photos it looks like a nice case, nice looking movement and such and falls into the group below, HN4L 5-positons with an estimated production of 320. Even old porch dogs sometimes find the squirrels in the trees!!!!

105 RRG
HN4L-5 POS 320
HN4L-ADJ ????
ON4L-5 POS 10,000 plus
ONL4L-ADJ ????
ON5L-5 POS 11,000

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 1911
posted
Claude
I have a hampden model 104-sr hc 23 jewel I would like to part with. Movement only with super dial
2 tone movement
Research says only around 800 made
Let me know if interested

Terry jones

Posts: 84 | Location: Central Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 12, 2013
IHC Member 1911
posted
And it run great and has anewmainspring too!

Tj

Posts: 84 | Location: Central Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 12, 2013
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Good move Claude,

As you know, the 105 Hunter was a full-blown Railroad Timekeeper at the time of production. By the way, too many collectors forget that going into the 1890s Hampden was the watch of choice among railroad men. In 1892 the first Hamilton 936/937 models were introduced and "The Watch of Railroad Accuracy" would soon eclipse all the others. But, you know because you have been inside them, higher grade Hampdens were as fine as any of the others.

Columbus followed by South-Bend, later Howards, Hampden, US Watch Company and of course Rockford each built great watches that are all too often overlooked... but that makes them more affordable for those in-the-know!

When you can, share a few images Cool in this same topic!

Congratulations on finding an uncommon gem.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1911
posted
Wow my typing is bad on this iPad
Runs great and has a new main spring

posted
SN 2,990,731 nothing in that range in the Hampden book, so there must be a missing run of 105's that appear to follow a run of 17j McKinleys that were also hunters.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009