Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Cleveland 16s B633962 21J "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Ball Cleveland 16s B633962 21J

A friend gave me this watch the other day. He was cleaning out and intended to throw it away. I wound it up, set it and it runs great. Kept accurate time for over 30 hrs before it ran down. I'm sure glad he didn't.

He's been through two floods at his home this year, and is now getting ready to move his house to higher ground.

So, my intent is to sell this watch and give him the money.
Would appreciate some opinions on condition, value. The case is a 20 yr. Wadsworth Referee with considerable brassing and some dents in the back cover. But the front and back thread on and off easily. Winds easy and sets easy.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Movement - 1928

B633962

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
He was going.........to throw it.....away??!!!! Eek

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Mark, Yea, that's the first question I asked him. I told him it was worth some money. Said he didn't care!?

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
He also gave me this little beauty... Lucerne 1 Jewel.

I assumed it was battery. Took the back off to change the battery and found this:

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
front. Wound it up and it runs for 24 hours!

Dave Turner

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
quote:
Mark, Yea, that's the first question I asked him. I told him it was worth some money. Said he didn't care!?Dave Turner

Why can't I have friends like that. Frown

Good rescue!!!

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I think around $200-$225 for what it is. Needs a Ball case which are the dickens to find and the dial is hair lined with non matching hands and there's a bit of corrosion on the winding wheels. Yep I believe that's what it be worth.

Put it on site and start it at $150 and see where it ends up.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Buster, That's the info I'm looking for.

Dave Turner