• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Muckle Crystal Question... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Aloha, I have a Muckle case that needs a new crystal. I would like to know if the original crystal in the Muckle cases were flat or domed. I would appreciate it very much if a member could advise me what the original crystal design was? mahalo, Fred

Posts: 106 | Location: Honolulu, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: June 12, 2016
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
William White makes some of the best crystals around. I believe in flat or curved. I don't know anything about that crystal but Bill may or maybe someone else may.

Here is a link to Bill who is a member here; Crystals

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Fred,
The crystal on my Muckle case has a slight dome, about 1/8 inch. It can't be too high or it will not fit under the back cover. William may know how much dome it needs if he has made one for a Muckle case before.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
posted
Aloha Harry and Steven, thank you very much for your supersonic replies. I have sent Bill an email asking him the same question and also asked if he still will fit a crystal to a case if it is sent to him. I will let you know how this turns out. These Muckle cases are really interesting to me and I am on the lookout for good ones. Mahalo nui, Fred

posted
Aloha Fred , I see I am late in replying , but I ran across this and thought I would post in case someone else has the same question.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
posted
Aloha Kevin and thank you for your post. Very interesting and it appears that the crystal has a very low profile which is the information I wanted to obtain. This case is moderately worn but still nice. Again, mahalo and have a great evening, Fred

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Hello Fred and for anyone else who might need one of these in the future, these crystals are beveled and just slightly convex. I have oversized blanks already made for these. It's no problem. It is best to have the entire case when fitting one though.

Thanks,

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
Aloha William, thank you very much for the reply. Having the right crystal for this unusual case is essential . I will be sending you the whole case very shortly. Thank you for being such a great resource to the watch collector community. Mahalo, Fred