• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Texas Private Label Hamilton: A.H. Russell "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A few days ago, I posted about a Rockford 935 with a Texas private label dial. Here is another Texas private label, a Hamilton 924 from Weatherford, about 30 miles west of Fort Worth. The serial number dates it to 1911-1912, according to the Gelson list.

The name on the dial and movement is A.H. Russell. He advertised in the Weatherford Weekly Herald in June 1911 as a jeweler and optician. From 1914-1918 he was mayor of the city. I haven't found anything to indicate that he was a watch inspector. The Texas & Pacific ran through Weatherford, but it probably used watch inspectors in Fort Worth. There was at least one other line that served Weatherford at the time.

The movement was recently overhauled and the dial repaired. I had posted a photo of the dial prior to its repair. It can be found here.

Ham 924 PL

Posts: 129 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas in the USA | Registered: April 17, 2015
IHC Member 1357
posted
A great deal of difference between the before and
after pictures. Great job John!Texas p/l are hard to
find. I don't have one yet but continue to look.

Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
Picture of Thomas M. Cusack
posted
great job on that dial Good Save for sure

Posts: 175 | Location: New Hampshire in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2015
posted
That is a great job , and a nice original watch

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
posted
Nice watch, nice restoration job and great photography! Can you provide details on the dial restoration?
Paul

Posts: 317 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: December 07, 2009
posted
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Paul, the same fellow who overhauled the movement repaired the dial. I will email you with details.

Posts: 129 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas in the USA | Registered: April 17, 2015