Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help determining this salesman case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Need help determining this salesman case

I believe I have a nice 10 sz sample case. It has a fresh mineral glass crystal on one side.no manufactures mark and Bezels snap good.
Thanks Wayne

Posts: 241 | Location: Ponca City, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: May 19, 2011
posted
pic 2

Posts: 241 | Location: Ponca City, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: May 19, 2011
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Wayne did you mean 16 or 18 size ?

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Thanks for the question Buster. I put the gage across the Crystal and came up with 10 sz.

posted
pic with gage

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Wayne, do you have any movements that you can try to put into this case? If you have a 16 size movement, and it FITS, then it is a 16 size case. I have 16 size cases that take 15 to 20 different size crystals, so giving us the measurements of the CRYSTAL is of no help at all.

Or maybe if you give the size of the opening where the case goes and the case screws hold it in would help. Take the bezel off and measure THAT opening.

Thanks.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Larry I want to thank you for sure for your help.I have enclosed two more pics. I tried a Hampden wm McKinley and it will not fit. so I just took the pics with my calipers.

posted
pic 4

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Now that's interesting. I have many 16 size cases that the measurements run 40.30 to 40.9. on the side where you put the movement in and secure it with the case screws. It looks like yours is a tad smaller.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Larry when I was installing the crystal put it next to a 16 sz case and it was visibly smaller.

IHC Member 1650
posted
I would guess it to be a 12 size case. Your measurements are pretty close to a case I measured.

Posts: 370 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I agree with Douglas it could be a 12s or maybe a 14s or it could be a Swiss case as some of their cases fit our watches and some are just a tad off.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
posted
Thank you Douglas and Harry. There are people on here that have tons more experience than I do Thanks again Wayne

posted
Thank you Dr Debbie for moving this post.I did not feel good about trying to sell something that was In question. Wayne

posted
Well I learned something from the good people on here. It is a 12 sz case.I want to say thanks to all the people that responded Wayne