Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham barrel pliers "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1613
posted
Does anyone have or use a pair of these pliers...They are used to hold those pesty Waltham motor barrel while removing the two piece arbors..Wouldn't mind having a pair but I had never seen them before I found this picture of them...

Posts: 2007 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Gary, I don't think I've ever seen those pliers.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 1613
posted
Brian,
I have never seen them either...Didn't know anything like that ever existed...Sure would like to own a pair...

Posts: 2007 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
Picture of Billy Kuhn
posted
Gary I have a pair. I did not no that is what they are for. I use them for putting tapered pins in clock repair.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Killen, Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 15, 2013
posted
I have had a pair for years & wonder their use.

Posts: 132 | Location: Warren, Oregon in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008
posted

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1613
posted
Kevin,
Looks like them but I wasn't fast enough ..

posted
It might not be that hard to make a pair , find a piece of steel pipe and cut it in half , take a pair of pliers and the pipe to your local welder , or buddy with a mig or tig machine in his garage, and BAM !

edit : find the right size pipe and mail it to me , I'm sure I have some pliers , {i think I owe you for a bezel anyway}

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015