• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

watch fob "Detroit Diesel" question on date "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Would anyone have an idea on an approximate date for piece?

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Detroit Diesel Corporation is an American diesel engine manufacturer headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, and a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America, itself a wholly owned subsidiary of the German Daimler AG.
Headquarters: Detroit, MI
Founder: General Motors
Founded: 1938, Detroit, MI
Number of employees: 2,300
Parent organizations: Daimler AG, Daimler Trucks North America
Subsidiaries: Florida Detroit Diesel-Allison, Inc., Omc Acquisition Corp, Valley Power Systems, Inc.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1650
posted
I would say at least 1965, since that is when the name changed from GM Diesel to Detroit Diesel Division. Also, the engine appears to have an alternator, which would date it to at least the mid-sixties.

Posts: 373 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
posted
Buster and Douglas, thank you for your response and information. I thought it might have dated to the mid 50's and now I have a time frame.

Much appreciated
Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014