Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Howard 16s 338 and 339 staff "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi ,
Does any one know the difference between a Howard (16s) 338 and 339 staff. (Assuming there is a difference)
And on another staff question, which staff would be used on a Howard series 9, 17 jewel movement.
Thanks in advance Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
IHC Member 1511
posted
Melvin: According to the Howard parts list the #338 is for the friction fit series #9, and #340 is for regular DR series #9 and the #339 is for series #11. I emailed you the Howard parts list that Patrick shared with us a while back. Member Paul Davis did a good job on my Howard a while back. Gary

Posts: 159 | Location: Rainelle, West Virginia in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2010
posted
Hi Gary,
The parts list would help, but I have substituted one for the other, and was just looking for the actual dimensional difference.
The substitute worked, so I am thinking that the difference is slight, but looking to verify.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006