WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Check Out My Website/Blog - The American Watch Case Co. of Toronto (awcco.ca)
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Check Out My Website/Blog - The American Watch Case Co. of Toronto (awcco.ca) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Check Out My Website/Blog - I just made this public today

The American Watch Case Company of Toronto: awcco.ca

Pg. 1 – HISTORY
Pg. 2 – CASE CHRONOLOGY
Pg. 3 – CASE GUARANTEES BECOME ILLEGAL IN CANADA – 1908
Pg. 4 – The 07/ 08 QUESTION – CASE & MOVEMENT SERIAL NUMBERS WTH PHOTOS
Pg. 5 – FORTUNE 18s CASE AND MOVEMENT SERIAL NUMBERS WITH PHOTOS
Pg. 6 – CASHIER 18s CASE AND MOVEMENT SERIAL NUMBERS WITH PHOTOS
Pg. 7 – PREMIER 18s CASE AND MOVEMENT SERIAL NUMBERS WITH PHOTOS
Pg. 8 – EMPRESS 18s Case AND MOVEMENT SERIAL NUMBERS WITH PHOTOS
Pg. 9 - SILVEROID/NICKEL SILVER 16s & 18s Case & Mvt. SN’s WITH PHOTOS
Pg. 10 - A.W.C.CO. COIN 16s & 18s PLUS EXCELSIORPERFECTIONN PNEVADA SN’s & PHOTOS
Pg. 11 - Working on SOLID GOLD & STERLING SILVER

Lots more info to be added "in the fullness of time" but right now I can't believe how much energy it took to get it to this point. I'm tuckered out.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Please recheck your link. It didn't get me to your website.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
Good reading , thanks

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Outstanding, Lorne!

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
Picture of Thomas M. Cusack
posted
Good job, I like it!

Posts: 175 | Location: New Hampshire in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2015
IHC Member 1725
posted
Very nice Lorne, and website too!!!

GREAT WORK,
Tim

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012
IHC Member 1357
posted
Great job Lorne! I will bookmark this one for sure.

Roger

Posts: 4087 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
Nice piece of work Lorne, the time spent shows. I too will bookmark this.

Regards
Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
Lorne,
like the above comments, a lot of time and work went into this, great job.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
Wonderful job on the website! There is a lot of information there. Must have taken you forever to gather it. Thanks for putting together some great information on this company. It will be an great asset to the watch community and this group.

Posts: 20 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: January 08, 2018
IHC Member 1541
posted
Thank you everyone.

Joseph, this started about 4 years ago, collecting numbers just became part of my morning routine.

The motivation I think is similar to that which leads to a few buildings full of collectibles you see on American Pickers but the here result takes up much less room. Smile

I will put a notice here when I plug in the 18s Cashier case numbers.

One question on the case numbers, I find the lists easier to read without spaces between them, any preference from you guys?

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Very nice Lorne. Thanks for posting it.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 1541
posted
EMPRESS 18s and SILVEROID 16s/18s numbers have been added.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Fantastic Job Lorne, very much appreciatedSmile

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1541
posted
A.W.C.CO. COIN 16s & 18s PLUS EXCELSIORPERFECTIONN PNEVADA numbers have been added. (Pg.10 link)

https://awcco.ca/ The American Watch Case Co. of Toronto (Main Page link)

IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Great job Lorne thank you very much for sharing.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Lorne,

I have a number of Canadian Content Cases, will get them together and post a list here in this topic. Let me know if pictures would help. Recently we had a topic "Hamilton Canadian 992B" and there I shared an auction wherein I sold one a few years ago. You may use any of my images, some unusual "service-mark-artistry" inside the case-back is especially interesting.

Here is that auction...
EARLY 992B, CANADIAN PACIFIC PORCELAIN DIAL, CANADIAN CASE!

Use the "Find-Or-Search" on the IHC MAIN PAGE with keywords to find prior posts, used properly that should help in your quest for additional relevant items.

We are proud of you Lorne, what you are doing works hand-in-glove with the databases we have in the Hamilton and Illinois Forums and we are pleased to support your efforts.

Keep up the good work my friend,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1541
posted
Thank you Lindell.

I do have a list of what I call “Canadian #7 Tree Cases” scoured from anywhere I could find them.

My list would already include most if not all numbers on this IHC forum.

Your statement : “By 1937 the Case 7 dies had been shipped to Canada where they were used to press Canadian Content Cases through the mid-1950s which might be an interesting point to consider” in Is this Case Correct for this Movement is of much interest.

The cases appear identical except for the pendant and case markings. There was a learning curve in ID’ing cases so a few of the early observations do not note the difference. (It will be a while before I get to posting the 16s gold filled cases on my site).

posted
Lorne, once again a nice piece of work, it's worth it. Thanks for the contribution to the site.

Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
IHC Member 1541
posted
Thank you Rick.

I posted some adjacent case numbers in your Hamilton Canadian 992B thread.

posted
Thanks Lorne, I responded to a member and to you in my Hamilton 992B post. I forgot which post I was in at the time, also added a fortune case info line for a Waltham WI.
Rick