• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

what dial for this Illinois Grade 65-E? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I had this one sitting on my bench and finally got around to it , a busted lower jewel , and a little scrubbing and oil , it has a great tu-tone , hard to capture in the picture so I added a little effect. It is an 18s openface Illinois from 1903 , 1688119 , grade 65-E, marked adjusted to four positions , total production about 3600 , not bad ! The dial swappers had already visited , what dial would you think came on it ? opinions welcome

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
posted
sweet looking tu-tone , some might call it Rip-roaring ,Got R/R time, but he won't get this one ! I still have to dig up a regulator "whip "

IHC Member 1338
posted
Kevin I've had this dial on that watch before
you want the one that says Illinois Watch Co not the illinois in an arc as that may be too new

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
I have that one Tom , I thought it was for later years

IHC Member 1338
posted
Well, you could always put a $200 Gothic dial on it

There's a plain roman double sunk on fleabay for 40 right now that may work as well, personally I'd throw the red 5 min marker on it, especially since you have it. I think a number of styles could work? You can always change it out?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
I trust your judgement , Your watches always look right !

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
You would need Old English or Cursive for your 1903 watch. Roman numeral would be OK if desired, SS would be fine.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Thanks Buster and Tom , It seems the only interest is in the bunn heavy arabic dials , I have this one I was saving for a bunn , like Tom said it just unscrews

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I do have this DSD for a Model 6 like yours, if your dial is for a Model 6 also, I would consider a trade, email me if you are interested. Dial has one H/L in the outside chapter at 10.5 minutes.

regards,
bb

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Reverse;

posted
Check your email - buster

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Yeah I thought Kevin had the Straight Line dial, but
he didn't !!

regards,
bb

posted
Alright , the finished product , I like it , do we have a list of what dials go with what , that would be handy when buying . I know we have it for the bunns . What do you think ?