• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dual time zone dials on Illinois Bunn Special "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have found information that indicate the Hamilton 992B had the dual time zone dial’s because of a shortage during wartime. My question is did Hamilton ever put the dial on the Bunn special?

Posts: 8 | Location: Brea, California in the USA | Registered: February 03, 2018
posted
The dual time zone dial is c.1948

Posts: 8 | Location: Brea, California in the USA | Registered: February 03, 2018
posted
The Bunn special is a 1948 year serial number with dual time zone dial. I am looking to purchase this watch but want to make sure the dial is it legit

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Hello Frank. I am going to ask more questions than answer your question. As for as I know Illinois or Hamilton did not make a dual time zone dial.

Buy dual time zone dial. Are you really asking about a dual hand. Or a 24 hour dial. A 24 dial can be into forms. One that has the 12 hours on the outside and the #13 to 24 closer to the center pinion. I'll add a photo. The photo below is most comingly called a Canadian dial.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a 24 hour dial from a 4992B Hamilton.

It has a special hour wheel that makes 1 revolution per 24 hours. But not a dual time zone dial.

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is dual time zone hands on a watch of mine.
With out a photo it is nearly impossible to tell what your talking about. If you do post a photo. Large photos will not upload.

posted
I apologize for, I was referring to the dual time zone hands. Forgive me as I am a beginner and hip was what I was referring to. Thanks!

Illinois Bunn Special c1948

IHC Life Member
posted
Ok these 2 time zone hands where made for all brands of watches. Waltham, Illinois, Elgin .
As for as if Illinois actually made these hands. We would have to try to look in the Illinois Section of IHC.

I'm sure there are some folks here that would know. But for know I will research on Ihc.

posted
Well, now that I was able to place more accurate information into the search criteria, I found three posts referencing dual time zone hands and think I have all the information I need. It was very helpful and I appreciate your responses. Thanks!

IHC Member 1511
posted
Frank, What is the serial number for the watch and the serial number for the case?

Posts: 159 | Location: Rainelle, West Virginia in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2010
IHC Member 1338
posted
Frank, if that's the watch I'm thinking it is, she has had that on ebay awhile and already sold it once. Now it's up again. This should probably be moved to "Pitfalls" since this is an ebay item. Please join the group, Frank to be able to see it in that section.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008