WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    18S 23 Jewel Special Railway Hunter with Perfect Genuine Original Ferguson Dial!
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18S 23 Jewel Special Railway Hunter with Perfect Genuine Original Ferguson Dial! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
Got my latest project done and it turned out quite nicely.

I know there's some Hampden afficianados here, feast your eyes on this one!

That Ferguson dial is perfect, and quite rare in hunter form

The NON two tone 23 Jewel SR Movement from 1909-1910 era is just as rare...beautiful unique damaskeening...all gold screws even the original case screws...and fully torn down and cleaned properly with a new alloy mainspring by our own Paul Davis...it's running flawlessly as it should...only 200 of this movement were made!

Beautiful Dueber 20 Yr YGF Fancy HC

Here's a book value of the same dial with a 21J John Hancock for whatever that means...

It will be for sale soon if anybody's interested

What do you guys think of the way she turned out?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1357
posted
WOW!! JUST WOW. I think that sums it up.

Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
Picture of Clark Reed
posted
Tom - Special indeed and very much appreciated from me - a guy who grew up in Canton, Ohio while my Dad was in the Navy in WW2, and I also was fortunate to visit the Old Dueber-Hampden Factory on Dueber Avenue just off West Tuscarawas Ave. when I was a kid living with my grandparents in Canton. Later the plant was bulldozed to make way for Interstate 77. Surely a gorgeous reminder of the craftsmanship of the watch workers in the late 1800's and into the early 20th Century. Thank you for posting.

Clark Reed

Posts: 531 | Location: Anderson, South Carolina in the USA | Registered: April 09, 2013
posted
You have a real "Special" Hampden there , really minty , I will be interested to see the sale price .

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1555
posted
A stunning watch Tom, turned out beautifulSmile

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011