Tools
Reply to Post

Show us your Rockfords! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Show me and or tell me about a nice Rockford in your collection. Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Here is a 2-tone grade 103 16s Rockford that I picked up. I just cleaned and oiled it (with a little help on getting it apart from Ed Ueberall over in the Watch Repair section...Thanks Ed!).
This is a 2-star watch in guide in non 2-tone. Anyone have any more info on it?

Jim Wooldridge

Posts: 49 | Location: Rapids City, Illinois USA | Registered: August 05, 2005
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
James,
Really beautiful movement! WOW!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
James,
A very nice example of a Rockford. Will have to add a grade 103 to my wish list.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Dr. Clint Geller
posted
Great winding wheels!

Posts: 219 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 10, 2003
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Here is a probable grade 102 that has been up-jeweled to 17j.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Jerry,
Great picture and interesting Rockford. Smile

posted
I just bit the bullet and added this Rockford 24 jewel 900 to my collection, SN535358. Dial & movement look great & problem-free to me, 10K YGF Phil Victory case is nice, but not original to watch. Sorry the photos are not better...lighting just not right. Here is the watch:

Posts: 106 | Location: Highland, Kansas in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2006
posted
And the movement:

Posts: 106 | Location: Highland, Kansas in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2006
Picture of Michael Dias
posted
Basic 930 17J Model 9. My first Rockford

Posts: 72 | Location: Benicia, California USA | Registered: May 10, 2006
Picture of Michael Dias
posted
...and dial.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Looks just like mine, Michael, and mine is my one and ONLY Rockford. Running great and keeping great time too!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

A favorite Rockford 21-Jewel 655 Indicator...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Rockford Indicator dial on number 858329 close-up...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Hello All

Posts: 110 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana U.S.of A. | Registered: April 29, 2006
Picture of Steven D. Jencso
posted
Here's my 2-Tone 17J grade 82:

18S 17J Rockford

Posts: 266 | Location: Dover, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: February 14, 2005
posted
Rockford 905 with choo choo dial. Dial is original porcelain but not sure if it is original to the 905

Posts: 1342 | Location: Northwestern Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: January 10, 2005
posted
this was a recent ebay find. i think it is without a doubt the best ebay buy i have ever made. one of 600 grade 905 (unmarked) model 9

Posts: 1342 | Location: Northwestern Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: January 10, 2005
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Don,
One of the great dials.
Wish it was mine.
Tony

posted
1 of 100 Rockford No. 912 It has spot guilt damaskeening. i don't own this watch anymore but the movement was so spectacular that this was the first and ony full movement picture i ever took of it.

believe it or not this watch was in a newspaper classified advertisement that i found online in claremore oklahoma.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
WoW Eek Don that is the prettiest Rockford movement I think I have ever seen. I like it!!!!! Wink

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
How about a cute "Baby" Rockford in 14K multi. Just as an aside, this watch got me started to learn something about watches when i was offered a very low price for this cutie.

Posts: 198 | Location: Vermilion, Ohio in the USA | Registered: May 14, 2003
posted

posted

posted
1 of 700 16 size RRG No. 530 hunter

posted
530 d/s dial case is a do-fer

Picture of Michael Dias
posted
Wow, there are some beautiful Rockford out there. I envy you all!

posted
I only have a few Rockfords...this is the most interesting.

Posts: 15 | Location: Oswego, New York USA | Registered: June 05, 2006
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Any private label Rockford's out there? Are they harder to find than others? I was recently told about one from a jeweler in Corydon (?), IN with a low serial number. Haven't seen it yet, should I bother?

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of John Fogarty
posted
There are plenty of Rockford private labels out there, the company was not as aggressive in private labelling as Illinois (but then, who was?), but in relation to Rockford's total production they were certainly more aggressive about it than either Waltham or Elgin.

I have seen several Indiana jewelers on Rockfords, but none from Corydon.

Posts: 27 | Location: Bethesda, Maryland USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Andy here is a Rockford private label it has "The Ramsey Watch" with "F.O.K.& Co." On the dial. Looking on the Internet I found Farwell Ozman Kirk & Company a Hardware distributer located in St. Paul, Minnesota from the 1890s to the 1900s.

Larry Buchan

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Here's a photo of the case back its silver with inlaid copper locomotive scene.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
And the movement: