Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
The 3rd numbered Hamilton 926 SN 5103 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Although a Hamilton 926 is nothing special and is not particularly collectable except as a representative of the grade to a Hamilton collector I found this one the other day. I am always interested in upgrading my examples if a first run comes along. If my research Hamilton Movement Number Listings is correct not only is this a first run Hamilton 926 it is the number 3 numbered 926 movement. It is running but has the wrong dial. No problem I have a correct dial. It has one bridge screw and one case screw I need to find and replace. This movement has blued tapered screws. One bridge screw is a flat unblued screw and one flat case screw. Once I find those two screws they will be replaced.

Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
Harry,you always come up with neat watches! A 926 maybe no big deal,
but the third one produced in the first run 1895,NOW that is a find.
Congratulations. I have 2 926 parts movements but alas, no blued screws
but they are domed. Be glad to send to you if you like.

Roger

Posts: 4088 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1613
posted
Harry I just looked and I have a domed blue plate and case screw if you don't have them......Just pm me...Gary

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you Roger. I have the domed screws but not Blued. As far as I know only the earliest 926 and 927 have the blued screws.I have the silver colored screws. I know someone who can blue them if it comes to that.

Harry

IHC Member 1610
posted
Thanks Gary. I will check and PM you.

Harry

posted
Harry, according to the ledger, 5103 was finished 10-10-95 and sold 11-11-95 to D. E. Graves Warren, Mass. That's a great find.
Bob

Posts: 346 | Location: Woodland Hills, California in the USA | Registered: January 07, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you Bob for the information. Yes I was lucky to find it. I wanted it because it had a 4 digit serial number. When I saw it was a first run I really wanted it and to be #3 was a bonus.

Harry

CLICK BELOW TO SEE "The rest of the story..."

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6047761/m/9683990297