Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 1892 question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Waltham 1892 question

I was wondering if someone had more info on how many were made of this special model 1892. I know there were some made with the railroad standard marking and the choo-choo on the movement, but couldn't find any info on this pattern...

Thanks,

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Member 1555
posted
The last count of these, that I have seen Jared was around 225 total production, but that is sometime ago. There was also a run of these in the 10 million somewhere there-about's that was the same as yours but with a locomotive on the plates as well.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Thanks Bila. I knew someone would have some more info on it. The railroad standard with the choo choo train on the movement seems to get all the attention out of these two RR standard varieties.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Member 1338
posted
My "choo choo" Standard is in the 10 million range, Bila. Jared, if yours ever comes up fs, let me know?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks for the confirmation Tom.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1110
posted
Jared, if you have any of Roy Ehrhardt's price indicator books, one of them ,I think the 1980 one, has a page on that watch showing a really mint looking Railroad Standard and the original serial numbered factory paper that came with it.Those are a really beautiful '92!

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008