WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Are there any Hampden experts on here that can answer a question?
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Are there any Hampden experts on here that can answer a question? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I have a Hampden 18s 15j LS HC PL watch with the dial labeled Mermod Jaccard and Co. and the movement labeled Railroad Watch Co. St. Louis, Mo.The Price Guide says it is a 2 STAR watch. No problem so far. I also have a Hampden 18s 15j HC KW KS PL watch serial number 153742 with the dial that says Mermod Jaccard & Co. and the movement says "Standard" St. louis, Mo. MJ&Co. signed a lot of there various movements from different manufactures "Standard" St. Louis, Mo. The price guide does not differentiate between the two watches and does not list the MJ&Co. KW KS watch. Does anyone know if this KW KS MJ&Co Standard St. Louis, MO. watch be counted under the MJ&Co. The Railroad Watch Co. St. Louis, Mo. non KWKS 2 star listing since it does not have it's own listing? Or would it be more common or less common than the MJ&Co.Railroad Watch Co. watch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted

IHC Member 1610
posted

IHC Member 1338
posted
Harry, that book doesn't elaborate on some things. I'm thinkin that the Standard WAS an MJ & Co variation but not sure. I think you called em right, personally I don't recall ever seeing a keywind version and they may well be rarer. There was some lawyer in CA that advertised in that bulletin about the MJ & Co he had a brain like an encyclopedia he could rattle off all the information on these two off the top of his head as well as the value, he also buys. I'll try and locate his number.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thanks Tom. I have one of the 2 star non KW KS versions and I have seen two others but this is the only KW KS version I have ever seen.

Thank you Tom I appreciate your help,
Harry