WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is there a Waltham cased in a Swiss 18k gold case? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,

An guy send me only one photo of an Waltham that I think that is 16S because the hunter case has 51mm.

Well, by the photo the watch the watch is in good condition, but the case has Swiss hallmarks. I am waiting more photos to check if the case is original or not and for I will know what the movement was cased.

Are there Waltham cased in Swiss case?

Tks,

Paulo

[Admin' Note, this may be where Paulo was going: https://www.google.com/search?...bp&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Posts: 5 | Location: Sorocaba, SP Brazil | Registered: June 23, 2006
posted
Hi Paulo , That sorta looks modern to me , what is the movement number, turn of the century watches could be cased in any case you like , since the gold rush /melting cases in the last 20 yrs , there are a lot of movements without cases and current owners could again put it in any case handy

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
The "USA" on the dial almost certainly means that the movement and dial (assuming it is original to the movement) was an export model. Many Walthams were exported to the UK. I have, for example, an American Watch Co. bridge model with a fairly similar dial in an 18k Dennison English-made case. If the movement was exported to Europe, its installation in a Swiss-made case doesn't seem startling.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005