Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bradford Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 785
posted
Dose anyone know anything about the Bradford watch is it a company or a private label. A friend of mine is looking at one. It is 18 sz and key wind. if it is a private label dose anyone who made it. I do not have any pictures.

Harv

Posts: 158 | Location: Sacramento, California USA | Registered: June 26, 2006
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I think without pictures, serial number, and description, we are just going to be guessing Harv.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Like Buster, without a clear movement image all we can do is take a wild guess, like this...

MY GUESS IS: Probably a Private Label in all likelihood Swiss-Made (could be swiss-fake) and of minimal value.

AS AN ASDE... There are modern-day inexpensive watches sold under that name and I also recall that back in the 1960s and 70s there were appliances and various other items marketed under the Bradford "house-brand" at W.T. Grant retail stores.

Of course, none of that last compilation relates to the watch in question, but perhaps someone else might recognize the name and come up with a better explanation.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1613
posted
Here is a pic of a Bradford Watch Co. pocket watch movement I have it is KW KS 18 I am thinking swiss fake...Sorry about the poor quality pics...

Posts: 2007 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Pic 2

Posts: 2007 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 785
posted
Thank you all for your input. It is English made in York. That is all I can find out.

Harv

Posts: 158 | Location: Sacramento, California USA | Registered: June 26, 2006
Picture of Quinton Bradford
posted
Man! I wish I could find one like that!

Quinton Bradford
Clean Time Jewels

Posts: 9 | Location: Greensboro, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 20, 2017
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Well if you ever see one you should make an offer. Smile

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011