• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rockford Grade 640 hunter 21j "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up a Rockford grade 640 which is a 21j pendant set hunter mate to the 645 I think. I found an old discussion topic on this grade but there isn't much out there on it or the 645. It appears that 1-2 thousand were produced of the hunters and there was some debate if the grade was adjusted to only heat/cold/iso or also adjusted to positions. It appears when it comes to Rockfords there is not a lot of discussion or information out there.

Can anyone add some deeper insight on this grade?

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

You are right Claude, we got into them rather deeply both in 2012 and earlier this year. Big Grin Here are those previous topics listed...

Find-Or-Search: https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...eqWords=Rockford+645

Let's see if we can get into them again.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I sometimes pick Rockfords on the fly and I saw this one on the big bidding site and it went for the opening bid (only bidder) which shocked me a bit since it was in a nice 20yr Philly case with no traces of damaged hinges or brassing that I could see. Around 200 seemed a decent price especially for a nice 21j hunter. I picked up a beautiful 21j model 4 Hampden adj5p in a near mint case for under 100, sometimes I am thankful for bad photographers. When the Rockford arrives and I have it cleaned I will take some photos. It is near the middle of the first run but digging deeper I see there was a later run but I am not sure they are marked differently on the adjustments or not.

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

This will be very interesting, there needs to be more emphasis on Rockfords, they produced some really fine movements.

Wink

Posts: 5224 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Thanks goodness for bad photographers, the watch is stunning, did not go wrong by any rate and photos are coming.