• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Timegrapher lift angle? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm fixing to purchase a Timegrapher 1900, I know you have to set the lift angle for accurate readings. Does any one know the correct lift angles for old american pocket watches so I can get accurate readings. I know by default it reads 52 degrees.

Posts: 20 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: January 08, 2018
posted
I'm guessing no one worries with setting the lift angle on a watch timing machine for older pocket watches?

IHC Member 1650
posted
I just use the default. I found this link which suggests a way to determine the lift angle from visible amplitude: Lift Angle

Here is a utube that discusses what lift angle is, and how to determine the lift angle - same principle as above: youtube

Posts: 373 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
posted
Thank you so much Douglas for that information. Although not a list of lift angles I was hoping for, it gives me a way to find it for myself. I greatly appreciate it! As I acquire more vintage watches I will make a note of lift angles and keep records of them for future reference if anyone needs it.