• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden John Hancock mdl 4 12s 21j movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up a nice Hampden model 4 12 size 21j OF movement that is lever set. I have an excellent Illinois Romona case with screw off front and back to fit it into. Most 12 size cases are pop on/off or pop on/off with hinged back and sometimes hinges on the bezel and back and most 12 size movement are pendant set. Is there anything out of the ordinary for 12 size lever set movements?

I would think it would be like a 16s or 18s case but since I have never had a lever set 12s I thought I would ask.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
I never knew they made a 12s John Hancock ! everyday is something new

Edit ; I just looked it up o/f is a 2 star watch hunter is a 1 star !

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1555
posted
From memory Claude I think there is a difference in the thickness between the Model 4 and the model 5. I think with the hunter versions you can not fit the model 4 in the normal thin case that a model 5 will fit in.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
I think there was a grade especially that Paul Revere that was thin line but this one looks to be the typical 12 size format, I will find out once it arrives.

posted
Kevin that is what I found, for about $45 I picked it up, movement only but still seems to be a decent price. It should look good in the Illinois Ramona which I think is a 20yr case and the screw off bezel and back will make access to the lever like most other watches.

My next project that I found in my pocket watch stash is a Waltham 12s 19j pendant set 2 tone gilt/nickel OF that I need to chase down a decent porc dial to replace the metal dial which has suffered some degradation. Sometimes life, work, home/yard work and such get in the way of collecting and you forget some of the neat watches you have picked up in the past. The Waltham for a 12 size is a neat looking movement which most tu-tones are always nice eye candy to look at.

posted
Found another 12 size OF 21j lever set John Hancock this one being in a hunter case which I have seen people do from time to time, open face in a hunter case. SN 1,975,844, has gold jewel settings and gold center wheel. The case has engraved on the inside the following date Oct 9, 1919 21st Birthday from Mom and Dad. The case is a Wadsworth Referee 20yr.