Tools
Reply to Post

Beautiful 19 jewel Bunn "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Hey all,

Just got this back from Chris today and thought I would show it off. It is a very nice 16 size, 19 jewel Bunn from the very first run. It has a beautiful movement with the gold inlaid lettering and thanks to Chris it seems to be running fine. It needed a jewel replaced in it and a good cleaning and now is up to snuff from a time keeping stand point. This is serial number 2649980 and is 280 serial numbers away from the very first one which I also have. You just gotta love those stright line dials.
Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
posted
Steve,
what a great looking Bunn, looks almost as new, I'm thinking I might start looking fo some Bunn's myself.
Again Chris looks like he has done another spectacular job.
Great watch, thanks for letting us in on it.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
That is one beautiful railroad watch.

I have a 21J Bunn Special from about the same time period. Other than the number of jewels do you know of any significant differences?

Posts: 148 | Location: Seattle, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Gorgeous Steve. One to be proud of. Chris's work is stunning.

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Robert,

The only difference are the two cap jewels used on the 21 jewel. Other than that there are pretty much identical. And then there are the extra dollars you have to spend for those two extra jewels.

This also holds true for the 19 and 21 jewel 60 Hour which were all Model 14's. This example is a Model 9 like the Bunn 21 jewel but when they went with the 19 jewel "Motor Barrel" it became the Model 11. Actually three different model numbers in the 19 jewel.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I really like these Bunns.

Steve

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Robert,

After thinking about it for awhile today I thought I would show a couple of the differences between the 19 jewel Bunn and 21 jewel Bunn Special. First is the adjustments, the 19 had 5 positions and the 21 had 6. Also by comparing the demaskeen patterns in the photos you will also see a diference. The 19 had what was called the Sunburst 3d pattern and the 21 had the Rayed 4th pattern. Below is the 19 jewel without the escape wheel pivot capped jewel and below is the 21 jewel with the cap jewel.

Steve

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Here is the 21 jewel with the cap jewel. I also see I need to refill the engraving on this one which by the way is an earliar variant with a production of 7700.

Steve