Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need More Info on this Little Gem: Illinois Elite "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
I got a 12S 21J Illinois Elite Adj 5 positions in tonight. I bot the movement and dial only, it is pendant set of course my guess is it was in a gold case that got scrapped.

I put it in a nice 14K WGF case then tried to research it.

Blue Book says it's a Model 3 Grade A. Lincoln. there were 500 in the run. (3921001-3921500)
High grade Illinois!

I then tried to find The Elite in the book, and the only Elite listed is a 17J grade 405 adj 3 positions
(it ALSO says same thing in Shugart Book)

So...any guesses as to what this is? Were all 500
in the run Grade A. Lincoln Elites? How many were actually made?

Another Illinois Mystery I'm hoping you'll help me unravel, I love these Illinois!

[Movement number: 3921090]

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1959
posted
Are you going to sell it Tom? Im looking for some nice 21 and 23 jewel size 12 watches.
Thanks JMF

Posts: 340 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: June 28, 2014
IHC Member 1555
posted
All my info says a "Abe Lincoln" as well Tom, maybe originally blocked as "A Lincoln's" but never ended up that way. Still probably the same specs and adjustment imo.

Looks to be common for certain runs and blocks of Illinois's, I have seen a lot of named watches throughout different grades.

Seems they liked putting different names on many of their watches, apparently in some cases without rhyme or reason. Maybe a marketing gimmick???

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011