Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Lets see your Aurora "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
It's an 11-jewel hunter that's keeping Stoner time after a thorough breakdown. I re-inked all the enamel in the engravings, since most of it was missing.

SN 230588, one of the last ones out the door:

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
The case had even wear and no damage, and since it looked to be original it was worth saving - but the crown was missing.

The pendant neck had a set-screw, but I didn't have a complete set of crown and stem. I did have a good crown and two separate stems that would work. I cut the stems into their respective halves, and turned the brass slug that would mate with the set-screw in the pendant.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
And the original Wadsworth Pilot case, back in action:

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Eric,
Nice-Nice-really Nice
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1892
posted
Nice watch and fine job on the stem and lettering Eric. I am interested in the re-inking of the letters. Could you point me in the right direction to understand how this is done. I have an Aurora # 44102, 15 jwl and nickle plates, with screw down settings. There appears to be no ink in the letters at all. Is this likely or has it all fallen out. My watch is a pendant set. I dont know how rare that is but it seem the ones I see are lever set. I will get it on some day and let you see it.

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
posted
Using flat black enamel I paint it back in by hand, John. I re-blued the screws, too.

posted
Thats a beauty Eric

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 1892
posted
Thanks for the info. Any idea of the numbers relating to Lever set vs. Pendent set

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
IHC Member 1892
posted
This is a 15 jewel, Pendant set, with serial # 44102. I am curious to know how comman the stem set is. I dont think I have seen reference to another but I am sure I dont have the only one. Anyone have some info I would like to hear.

IHC Member 1892
posted
This is a 15 jewel, stem set with Hurds regulator that I have had for some time. Ser. # 44120. Anyone know how many stem set Auroras were produced vs lever set.

IHC Member 1892
posted
Another pic

IHC Member 1892
posted
yet another

IHC Member 1892
posted
Last one

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
John,
I have written in my notes that there were about 98,000. 18 size movements made by aurora and of that number it has been estimated that there were around 18,500. pendent set aurora movements.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1892
posted
Thank you Tony for the info. John

posted
Let me add my latest

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
posted
a private label from a jeweler with the same name as my grandfather [we did have some jewelers}

posted
and another

posted
this is pendant set 11 jewel made for the guild

Picture of Quinton Bradford
posted
This is incredible guys!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Quinton Bradford
Clean Time Jewels

Posts: 9 | Location: Greensboro, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 20, 2017